Egerton Street Baptist Church
Baptism and church membership:
October 6, Anniversary Sunday services were lead by our guests, Messrs. Gene Hyton, Joe Richardson, Frank Hatt and Chas. C. Knapp from the Toronto Bible College.
February 3, 1935
At the communion service, a resolution was passed that we forward a petition, that has been signed by the members requesting the Liquor Control Commissioner to close the Harvey Beer Parlour -so called- at the comer of St. Julien St. and Hamilton Road, on to our city council for their endorsement. They were asked to use their influence against permitting a beer and wine license being issued to Mr. Harry Watson for the old H. house almost directly opposite our church.
March 31, the Lovelink Class dedicated the platform railing in memory of Miss Mae Stewart who was called home March 31st, 1934. Miss Clara Hooley, secretary, Agnes Walsh, president, Mrs. Chas. Malone, teacher.
April 10, Rev. M. P. Lockhart was appointed associate pastor and was extended the right hand of fellowship.
April 14, 1935 Calendar
We rejoice this morning in the privilege of welcoming Rev. M. P. Lockhart as Associate Pastor of this church. We know of no greater way to honor Mr. Lockhart's presence in our midst and he has honored us in his acceptance.
June 30, 1935 Calendar
The CENT-A-DAY proved so successful in clearing off Church indebtedness last year that the Board of Directors felt led to ask the same loyal co-operation from our members and friends during next year. 12 envelopes will be provided and an envelope with the Cent a Day offering may be placed on the offering plate each month.
September 29, 1935
Next Sunday, October 4, will be the Thirty First Anniversary of our Church. A Quartette of singers and speakers from Toronto Bible College will be our special guests.
October 20, 1935 Calendar
Rev. Dr. M. E. Dodd, Shreveport Louisiana, U.S.A. President of the Southern Baptist Convention and guest speaker of our convention, will be the guest speaker of our Baptist Men's Association in Talbot Street Baptist Church.